Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pack weighing in at 36 pounds

Pack is loaded, weighing about 36 pounds with two quarts of water, which is better than the 42 I carried most of the time last trek. I'll be eating it down for a few days and resupplying more frequently allowing my 42-year-old body a little reprieve.

Early morning rise for long drive south to Pine Cobble trai head. Easy 6-plus-mile day to first shelter, then bigger mile days for the week. My strategy is to suffer quietly in the south while I'm relatively alone so when I get closer to central Vermont I can breathe, which will mean I can converse. Maybe even stay up until 10pm...laugh a little and have an appetite. One minute until midnight. I must go to sleep. You will next hear from me while I'm on the trail. Until then...

5 comments:

  1. Yay, Jocelyn! See you Thursday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow and easy Jackson. The tortoise really was on to something all those years ago. See you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your first few days have been great and the weather has been kind to you.

    Jon

    ReplyDelete