Monday, August 16, 2010

Rain and mice

Good morning...

Last night another woman thru-hiker named 'Stiletto' rolled in so I had some company other than the mice. What a night! A mouse was staring at Stiletto and we could hear them scurrying around trying to get at our food and packs. We realized we would not be able to sleep well with this activity going on all night so we both got up and set up our tents in the cabin. Thank goodness no one else was here. I finally started to fall asleep with peace of mind knowing that mice would not be dancing in my hair all night when I realized my tent was getting wet. The roof was leaking! I had to get up again and put my fly over my tent. Very strange to be in a tent, in a shelter, but I'm glad I was.

Looks like it's going to be a wet miserable day. Completely fogged in and still pouring. You can't let that stop you though. Gotta keep moving!

Oh! Stiletto told me a woman through hiker told her that she woke up in the night once because a mouse was nibbling on her braids because they were so salty. Another reason to bring a hat when you're out on the trail.

I must pack up and prepare for my day-long shower (I need one badly anyway).

Zuni Bear

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the day....nothing like a little rain to keep you moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joc,

    I'm starting to pack - let me know if I can bring you anything special! Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growl at the mice Zuni Bear, so they will leave you be. You are a strong and powerful woman and will fulfill your hiking destiny. Hike on! Deb

    ReplyDelete