Saturday, August 21, 2010

Elly's daughter

Ginger here. So today Zuni Bear and I hiked the eight miles from Sterling Pond shelter to Bear Hollow Shelter. Beautiful day, great conversations and met wonderful people on the trail. But the .4 miles to the top of Whiteface kicked my haven't-hiked-with-a-full-pack-in-a-long-time-butt! Sometimes it was all I could do to keep putting one foot in front of the other. But all I had to do was think of my mom (Elly) and all the other folks with Parkinsons, and how she gets up everyday, and thought "if she can go through that everyday without complaining, surely I can do this. And I have the option of returning to my normal life on Sunday. So here is to everyone who keeps choosing to put one foot in front of the other, and thanks to Zuni Bear for inviting us to share this journey with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment