Monday, August 30, 2010

Zuni Bear climbing on border marker at end of trail...



Well everyone...I made it! I have so many people to thank and will be doing so this week as I add photos and comments to this trail blog. The hike was perfect. I felt great...I loved feeling my body get stronger as I simultaneously cleansed my soul and felt my spirit lighten and return to me. My cousin made a comment on a photo saying I looked "radiant" and all I can say is that I felt radiant. My hikers all rocked and my support people came out and made my trek even more pleasurable and easy.

My goals were to raise awareness, encourage people to keep their bodies active and moving and hopefully to raise some funds for families with PD. I feel my goals were all met but I was most excited about, and in awe with, the reaction I got from two of my hikers specifically -- Dick Curran and Jim Hester. Their positive attitudes and bravery astounded me. When I stopped to really process what they were doing on the trail I felt honored to be with them and I realized Peaks for Parkinson's was as successful as it possibly could have been. I was so very proud of them both and I will treasure those days always. They both did some of the most rugged terrain on the trail!

It's a beautiful day today. I will be honest and say I wish I were in the mountains still...but they helped me process some pain as I honored my father and all he was to me. Have I mentioned how successful Peaks for Parkinson's was?...

Zuni Bear

4 comments: