Saturday, August 28, 2010

Zuni Bear and Border Patrol (Jean Tufts) Sitting on top of Jay Peak

Good morning everyone!

Just bagged the final peak...another sunny day on top of the world...

I've been out of service since roundtop so I'm sorry I've not been able to update. Since Johnson I've hiked with Jean and her Dad Dennis for a bit. Dennis left the trail...I met Rev. Lyle Miller and his lovely bride Rachael as well as their friend Rosalie and we had a nice picnic brunch at the base of Laraway Mountain. Rachael and Lyle hiked a distance into the woods with us and then wished Rosalie and I good day. Rosalie hiked to the top of Laraway and then made her way back while I continued on to catch up with Jean at the next shelter. It was a lot of fun and I felt honored to share Lyle and Rachael's 52nd wedding anniversary with them. I loved hiking with Rosalie and hope to see her again someday.

Jean and I have been having a great time catching up with one another out here. We have certainly covered some ground...emotionally and physically and I'm quite sure we will leave this trail feeling healthier. Thank you Jean! I love you!!

Jean and I had a great day yesterday hiking for the third time with Dick Curran and his family (brothers Paul and Dennis, sister-in-law Ellen and nephew Sean...met at the end of the day by Sean's mom who brought us treats!). The Curran family is active! And they are fun and funny and were great companions. We hope to do a reunion Peaks for Parkinson's hike this winter...

So now Jean and I are milking these last days on the trail, taking our time, enjoying each other, the mountains and the folks along the way.

Tomorrow around noon or so...think of us as we will be standing with one foot in Vermont and one in.....
CANADA!

It's been an amazing and memorable journey. I couldn't have asked for anything more. I'll post more this coming week, but until then...thank you all for your love and support.

Congratulations to Tom, Tim, Stiletto!!!! I miss you guys..

Zuni Bear LT07, LT10 for PD

3 comments:

  1. Bravo, Zuni Bear!! Congratulations on a fantastic feat. I wish I could be there to welcome you at the end of the trail, but we can catch up sometime after you have had time to process your month of adventure. Thanks for letting me (and Rhoda) share a small part of such a wonderful and memorable journey.
    Linn

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazed and impressed by your vision, your courage, your strength, and your follow-through. Wish I could be there with you tomorrow for that exciting moment. Will be thinking of you with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart!
    Thank you for the sacrifice you made for all of us.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete