Saturday, August 14, 2010

And...we're back!

Steve and I had a pleasant but unfortunately for Steve, relatively boring section to hike these past few days. No views, no ponds... He was great company though and got me over Killington. I believe I may have developed a little heat stroke and I was dehydrated. Food, water and rest and I was good to go!

Picked up Denise Towne at Brandon Gap, along with Dick Curran and his family who joined me the first day. Sorry Steve! We had an awesome day with views and Lake Pliead at the end of the day.

My girl 'D' and I are working hard to get over all these PUDS (pointless ups and downs) today. Denise is a rock and doing fabulous!

I personally have hit a wall. Legs need a rest but I have two more big mile days ahead of me, including Lincoln and Camel's Hump before I can slow it down some.

146 miles down..

Looking forward to hiking Lincoln tomorrow with the Towne family. It's one of my favorite peaks!

Hope to check in again soon. Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for the chocolate milk Jer...so delicious.

Zuni Bear and D

2 comments:

  1. You're doing fantastic Jocelyn!!!! More than halfway, you can do it.
    Glad someone remembered your chocolate milk.....can't believe I forgot it!
    Keep up the good work. We're all behind you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joc,
    It was great to be able to be a part of your journey, glad to hear that you made good time to your next stop...we were thinking of you! Keep your head up and we'll see you Friday! Let us know if you need anything.

    D

    ReplyDelete